[plug] HUM on lines

Tony Clark tony at ballist.net.au
Fri Feb 25 23:45:31 WST 2000

I did reply this before but I think only Matt sure it  :)

If you have hum on the line at u just have a T200 plugged in, then you have
a line fault...ring the 13???? number and complain that you make calls and
hear hum..It annoys you..not half as much as your it buggers your modem
link  :)

Telstra are pretty good and if you say you can hear it and keep quiet about
the modem...chances are they will find leakage to earth on one leg and fix
it for you...It is not likely to be in the house...Street cable just down
the road is my bet  :)

tony

Tony Clark
HDL Electronics Pty Ltd
ASIC, FPGA and Digital Design Services
Phone: National 0403 197 715 International +61 403 197 715