[plug] rh6.1 + perl + CPAN module probs

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Mon Feb 28 18:20:24 WST 2000

I've since found one of the problems:

After slightly modifying some source files I could get the modules
to install but whenever trying to log into a mysql DB my test perl
script would die and core dump.

It turns out the glibc header files were not installed correctly
from the RPM and this was causing some kind of problem somewhere
along the line. I found this out when trying to recompile MySQL and
it was complaining LinuxThreads couldn't be found.

In the end a simple "rpm --force -Uvh glibc-*.rpm" fixed my problems
along with re-installing the DBD::mysql module. I don't know why
they didn't install correctly in the first place - but it sucks
and certainly wasted my time!

> Got standard modules and just ran "perl Makefile.PL"

If only it was that simple for me ;)

Later,

Jason Nicholls