[plug] Apache problem

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 2 11:12:24 WST 2000

I've got a problem with a CGI program written in C and running under Apache
1.3.6 and RedHat 6.0.  I've asked for advice over on the Apache mailing list
and the relevant Usenet group but met a resounding silence (probably
Christmas-induced!), so I thought I'd stray a little from the topic here and
ask the collective expertise of plug.

When run from the command line, it works as expected, producing the
via the CGI mechanism, I consistantly get Error 500 (Premature end of script
headers) from Apache.  A trivial C program to output the mime-header
followed by a tiny piece of HTML works properly, but this thing refuses.

Does anyone know how to persuade Apache to generate more log information to
help me track down the problem? I've set 'LogLevel debug' in the virtual
host part of the config file, but the logged information doesn't change.
I'm starting to bite my desk in frustration, particularly because I'm sure
it's a simple error that I'm overlooking !!

Hopefully,

Paul