[plug] web page problem

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Tue Jan 4 07:57:00 WST 2000

> On Mon, 03 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> >
> > > I am using KDE k-file manager to browse and I got this
> > > message at the http://www.seek.com.au web site when I tried
> > > to do a search:
> > ...snip...
> > > knows what it means? I don't get this error using netscape.
> >
> > It is a server-side error, so I would be very surprised if it had
> > anything to do with KDE.  More likely it was just a coincidence that
> > you got it with K file manager and not Netscape.  Microsoft Back
> > Office products are so flaky it is unbelievable that they are so
> > widely used.
> >
> Actually, this is not really Back Offices flackiness showing (well maybe
> deadlocked requests should be restarted automaticly after they are rolled
> back). It is just a try it again error that should have been picked by some

If the problem arises from poor application design, restarting
automatically in the server can lead to large program loops.

Automatic restarting (with care) in the application is fine. Note 'with
care' means the programmer limits how many times the transaction's
restarted.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield