[plug] wget

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Sun Jan 9 10:57:56 WST 2000

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Grant Heazlewood wrote:
> I am using wget to download  from an ftp but one of the directory names
> has an apostrophe ( ' ) in it, this cause probs as wget use's the
> apostrophe to signify the start and end of the download path.

Unless it's a \' the shell will not pass the apostrophe onto wget. If you
really mean that wget is interpreting the apostrophe, then you need to
use %number like you see in URLs sometimes. I can't help you with what
number it is. If you mean that the shell is not passing the apostrophe to
wget, then just delimit it with a backslash like this: \`

Hope this helps,

-Greg