[plug] Debian -security- question

Christian christian at global.net.au
Wed Jan 12 11:56:14 WST 2000

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:
>         just a quick one.  Is there, or I shoudl say where is there, a debian
> security mirror "close" us.  I check uwa and I didn't see it.  I could've been
> looking in the wrong places.
> I was hoping to add it to apt and make my life easier.

As a suggestion, it might be worth just going directly to the master
site in this case.  I don't know how often the mirrors update and if
you're going to use APT to automatically obtain any security updates on
a regular basis then, if the mirrors update slowly, it might turn out to
be faster to wget the debs given from the debian-security mailing list
announcements.  Of course, this all depends on how quickly the security
mirrors update themselves...

Regards,

Christian.