[plug] Quakeathon III - The Final Details!

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 12 13:14:54 WST 2000

Peter Wright wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 10:21:05AM +0800, Daniel Pearson wrote:
> > No! No! No! New games are no good, well most of them, play the old
> > games.  They are the real games, the ones with the story lines and
> > good gameplay =]
>
> You don't need to tell me. With my old machine (and still to a
> slightly lesser extent with my new machine), my favourite games were
> text adventures[0]. :)

Are those like the game of Star Trek that I played when I was young, on an IBM
1130, where the Klingon ships were the "X" 's that moved across the screen, and
it was all character based, and the stack of cards that was the program, was
about two feet high, and had to be fed through the computer's card reader, to
load the game?

--

Bret Busby