[plug] Apache Configuration

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Sat Jan 15 10:30:09 WST 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, skribe wrote:

> I've just upgraded to rh6.1 from 6.0 and part of my apache config has
> broken in the process.  I'm using apache 1.3.9-8 and my access restricted
> page (yes a whole one of them ;) no longer works.  It keeps giving me an
> internal config error and the log says it can't find the user file. The
> user file exists btw.  I've checked permissions and they look okay too.

Just upgreaded, I sold you that CD moths ago :)

The new RedHat epms place a lot of restrictions on the defaults
Lokk near line 381 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

You may need to change the AllowOverride option from None to Limit Auth
.... I think thats what I had to do.

of course you'll need to restart the service after that.

Yours Tony.