[plug] pppd defaultroute problems

Christian christian at global.net.au
Mon Jan 17 12:29:06 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:

> > char* badJoke = &mike;
> Are you sying that Mike's address is a pointer to a bad joke? I don't know what
> Mike thinks about that reference to his address...

No, but the "code" (uh-hmm) could be misunderstood to mean that I think
Mike is a bad joke so, to avoid casting such aspersions, perhaps:

char* badJoke = &mike_mail;

would be better.  Alternately properly commented code would also have
prevented the misunderstanding.  Also, since it was only the second half
(roughly) of Mike's mail that contained the bad joke, perhaps:

char* badJoke = (char*) &mike_mail + (sizeof(mike_mail)/2);

is even better.  But then again, I think this has gone far enough. ;-)

Regards,

Christian.