[plug] IMPORTANT: This Mailing list

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Tue Jan 25 16:33:03 WST 2000

Hi All

As you have probably realised, the mailing list was down again, and since
it didn't look like it was going to be fixed in a hurry, I took the
opportunity to set up the list on our own server (spark.plug.linux.org.au)

The downside is that our mailing list address is now 5 characters longer
(plug at plug.linux.org.au Vs plug at linux.org.au) but the upside is that we
can now do our own maintenance on the list.

Also, the list is now running on Smartlist, not Majordomo, for various
reasons.

The downside of this, is that the way you subscribe and unsubscribe from a
smartlist list is different from the way you do so with Majordomo.
The upside is that Smartlist doesn't care if you put subscribe and
unsubscribe commands in the subject or body.

Everybody that was subscribed to the old list on the 13th of December
(which is when I last issued a "who" command) is now subscribed to the new
list. If you wish to unsubscribe, you will need to send an email
containing "unsubscribe" or "leave" in the subject or body to
plug-request at plug.linux.org.au

To subscribe, you need to send "subscribe" or "join" to the same address
(plug-request at plug.linux.org.au)

If you have any queries, send them to me.

And remember, the new list address is plug at plug.linux.org.au

Regards,

 - Matt