[plug] PPP dies...?

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Jul 3 12:31:34 WST 2000

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, John Breen wrote:

> I have a little RH6.2 box with a modem, which I have been using for
> the past several weeks to dialup and get my e-mail.  Suddenly (since
> last Friday), it disconnects without any warning about 30 seconds
> after connecting.
>
> I'm using the RHPPP dialler under X and a 56K external modem.  I

The normal Linux way would be to run pppd and the chat script in debug
mode and check the logs. ie. add the "debug" option to the list of ppp
arg's, and run "chat" with the -v option.  Could be an authentication
problem.
  Your mission is to figure how to do this in RHPPP, if you still use it.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--