[plug] Mandrake 7.1 install (was RH Upgrade / X problem)

Bradley Browne brad at server.mapsys.com.au
Tue Jul 4 09:44:32 WST 2000

"de Vries, Arie" wrote:

> After preceding through the set-up and getting to the actual install
> section, get error message "package file: no header " when attempting to
> unpack packages.

I had this problem installing Mandrake as well.  I wanted to
install the ReiserFS filesystem at install time and I kept
getting this error.  When I opted to install ext2 instead the
problem evaporated.  Might be related, might not.

Cheers,
Brad

--
Bradley Browne
Support Manager

1st Floor 646 Newcastle St
Leederville, WA 6007
Ph: +61 8 9328 2715 Fax: +61 8 9328 2716
email: brad at mapsys.com.au
http://www.mapsys.com.au/