[plug] Applixware vs Wordperfect and where to buy

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Tue Jul 4 09:51:04 WST 2000

Hi all,

Anyone here using Applixware or the full WP suite on Linux? Any serious
reservations about either, or a strong recommendation for one over the
other, or just useful-to-know-about experiences with either?

Also, can anyone recommend a Perth-based supplier of either or both?
Maybe someone on this list is such a supplier? I could get them at
everythinglinux, but prefer to buy locally whenever possible.

Background to avoid the obvious suggestion: This is to deal with my
wife's enormous legacy stock of WordPerfect documents, which StarOffice
5.2 for Linux apparently still can't import. Another possible solution
would be VMWare, but I'm assuming that things like cut-and-paste and app
launching by double-clicking on document names wouldn't work inter-OS
under VMWare.

Colin