[plug] ISO Image of the RH6.2 docs?

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Jul 4 10:08:53 WST 2000

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Earnshaw, Mike wrote:

> List,
>
> Does anyone know of a location for the above? Whilst they are on the
> redhat site they are all in separate directories and I did want to ftp
> them enmasse, when I try this (probably doing this wrong) ... I use mget
> to try and select many files but it gets the first (I wait) and then it
> asks me for the second (I wait) ... I would rather do this in one hit.

You can get the ISO from.
ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/%2Fdisks/.55/redhat/redhat-6.2/iso/redhat-6.2-doc.iso

Approx 600Mb

Another option is to grab "mirror" a perl util for mirror'ing an ftp site.
You can get Mirror from

ftp://thor.cantech.net.au/pub/linux/contrib/mirror-2.9-7.noarch.rpm

And youd use it like:

mirror -g ftp.redhat.com/pub/doc/6.2/i386/

The traling "/" is important.
Of course man mirror is your friend. :)

If you use mirror and get disconnected it _should_ pick up where you left off.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */