[plug] perth store 4 Linux books and software ?

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Tue Jul 4 11:16:11 WST 2000

skribe wrote:

> At 10:56 4/07/00, James Robert New wrote:
> >I am new to Perth (couple a months) and have been unable to find
> >a store that sells linux stuff and books.
>
> Dymocks in the Wesley Centre (William St, Perth) has a reasonable selection.

It certainly does. So does Boffins Bookshop in Hay Street (they're also
quick and friendly when it comes to ordering books not in stock, in my
experience).

You can buy Linux distributions in many places now - even Harvey Norman
and OfficeWorks. And Australian PC mag has a periodically-updated
booklet-and-CD set which normally includes RedHat and one other
distribution plus other tools and which remains on newsagent shelves
from month to month (i.e. it's independent of the monthly mag).

For other Linux-related software, I'd also like to know.

Colin