[plug] Mandrake 7.1 upgrade

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Jul 6 20:07:17 WST 2000

bburns at erggroup.com wrote:
> suspect it's running a non standard umount command (WHY???)

The entire installer, graphics and all, including the shell, is written
in PERL. Matt would be proud. (-: Type ps ax at that shell prompt if you
don't believe me. :-)

As to why, well, lots of PERL people are born like that... (-:

Seriously, I wouldn't have done it that way, but I'm still impressed. If
enough of the system lives, you can probably find the real umount and
run that by supplying an explicit path to it.

--
Linux will not get in the door by simply mentioning it... it must win
by proving itself superior. We have no marketing department, our sales