[plug] 100BaseT Speeds

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Jul 18 15:05:46 WST 2000

Alright, for those with 100BaseT Networks..
I have just upgraded to all Intel 21143 Tulip based cards, and
a Netgear 8 Way 10/100 Hub, all ports are running at 100M.

With both client and server running 2.2.14 I can't get more than
4.5MB/S sustained transfer rate.
The Server is a celery 300 with 96 Meg of ram, running a recent
Seagate UDMA Drive, and the client is a K6-2-360 running the same

Both hdparm transfer tests give me about 12MB/S sustained transfer.
This rate was measured using lftp transfering a 100MB File.

Sure it's an improvement on the 1.1 MB/S I used to get, but
any suggestions on ways to make it go quicker ?

I also tried machine to machine with a crossover cable, to
much the same result ..

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would