[plug] Samba And Windows

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Thu Jul 20 17:12:27 WST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael De Santis" <michael at harvestroad.com.au>
To: <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2000 16:57
Subject: [plug] Samba And Windows

> Hi,
>
> I having trouble connecting win2000 machines to my linux box running
> Samaba (2.07).
>
> The Win2000 machine can see the linux machine but reports the following
> error -
>
> "The Account is not authorized to log in from this station."
>
> I believe my smb.conf file has not been set up correctly since I don't
> have this problem with Win98. Does anybody have any suggestions on what
> the problem might be.
>
> Cheers
> Michael

Probably a password encryption problem.  NT/2000 encrypt the passwords,
95/98 do not.  There are some readme's in the samba docs that tell you all
about it, and how to either turn the encryption off (bad) or get samba to
work with them (good).

bakes
--
Steve Baker sbaker at mercatela.com  -- http://www.mercatela.com