[plug] Netscape 6

Kai vk6ksj at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 20 23:21:44 WST 2000

Hi Len !
Yeah, changing to the working directory and then typing netscape & is the
big thing ! =) I noticed Linux would load 4.72 if I just typed netscape & at
any prompt...thing is you gotta be in the netscape working directory to make
it execute.

The other person who said it was a demo is right ! It's still in preview of
the release - hence the name Netscape 6 PR1 <-- preview release 1.
Although if you take a surf to www.mozilla.org you can download Mozilla 16 /
Netscape 5.0 for Linux or Wincrap and the max file size is only 8 megs (I
think) for Linux and about 6 or so for Wincrap.!

It works ok for me, but still a lot of work to be done with basic things and
file associatios etc.
If you use netscape & and while you're surfing check back in the Nxterm box
you opened you'll see all the code it passes.
When you quit netscape you'll also find out how many webshells are being
leaked !
But you prolly knew that anyay. hahahaa

Have fun.

/Kai