[plug] Re-Attaching a TTY

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed Jul 26 22:47:43 WST 2000

Brad Campbell wrote:
> The processes are still running, but now with no tty attached.
> is there anyway to attach a tty to the running processes again?

Probably not. You you could try "killing them softly, with SIGINT." If
it's Joe, you will get a file DEADJOE with the contents of the
foreground editing buffer. I've never murdered a Joe with more than one
dirty buffer, so I don't know what it does there.

--
Linux will not get in the door by simply mentioning it... it must win
by proving itself superior. We have no marketing department, our sales