[plug] Linux seminar at ECU.

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Fri Jul 28 11:09:43 WST 2000

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Oliver White wrote:
[big snip]
> I think this could be a collaborative effort on behalf of the plug
> members, and perhaps we could talk to other universities if anyone
> thinks this is a good idea. This seems to be as on topic as anything
> I've ever seen discussed on this list, so I reckon we could conduct much
> of the business of putting the seminar together on this mailing list,
> with the caveat that we don't want to spam you all with every little
> detail.
[big snip]

FWIW, I recently presented a workshop to Interpreters (ask me some other time
what that means) from around Australia on the subject of "Getting your messages
online in a cash-strapped economy". A subsection of the presentation included
an overview and brief argument for the Open Source concept and the software
springing from it. We gave the workshop attendees a free CD packed with a
targeted  mixture of open source/freeware/shareware client and server software
(Windows, Mac and Linux), and a selection of online guides, whitepapers and
reference cards.

I'll email a copy of the relevant subsection and a TOC of the CD to anyone
who's interested, as part of my contribution to Oliver's proposed collaborative
"project".

Regards,
Steve