[plug] Newby with SUSE 6.2 on a P100/16Meg

James Robert New james_new_us at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 01:21:31 WST 2000

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, James Tan wrote:
A text one better than lynx (handles frames is W3M)
But the lightest gui web client  could be amaya 2.4

I would recomend the june/july ed of "Maximum Linux" pages 39 to 47 && Software
on disk

I guess you haven't any spare ram slots
redhat 5.2 & windowmaker was very quick on my old test unit 586 133mhz (p100)
with 32MB ram And netscape was as quick as it gets (slow on all systems)
if you plan to use netscape avoid communicator and stick with the plain old
navigator.

Avoid staroffice

I would recommend the next step use one of your faster machines, don't be
afraid,  try redhat 6.2 or corel these seem to be bootable from windoze and
safe save important work files on another disk just to be safe!

Copies of all the stuff U need are available and help is available.

james_new_us at yahoo.com

likes linux

dislikes MS

Guess which one I use?