[plug] Scroll mouse/trackball

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Mon Jul 31 05:51:12 WST 2000

Hello PLUG

Several months ago there was a post to this list regarding using a
scrollmouse under X. I looked at the mail archive and its links and found
this did not help me understand what is required to utilise the scroll
mechanism. Also, incase this is important, I am attempting to use one of
the new Kensington Turboball trackballs. These are a five button, one
scroll wheel trackball unit that for me out performs any mouse I have
used in terms of ease of use. The only part I can not fully utilise in X
is the scroll wheel, some control over the button functions would also be
nice.

Could some kind person inform me as to what I require to add/ change for
the added use of my trackball.

Regards Navarre at plug.linux.org.au