[plug] Use for low end machines, light GUI browser [was Newby with SUSE 6.2 on a P100/16Meg]

Gavin Rogers grogers at greenwood.wa.edu.au
Mon Jul 31 00:13:30 WST 2000

At 14:06 30/07/00 +0100, you wrote:
>> Beau,
>>
>> May I ask, is there a compact/lite GUI browser [no, not lynx :) ]
>> that will
>> run
>> on lean pcs ?
>>
>> James
>
>Ok to all here are some of my own personal findings on what to use low end
>machines for old machines) for:

[snip]

Depending on your interests in this 'sort of thing' other uses for old
machines
(that are too good to be turned in to furniture) can be web camera servers, or
set up to do funky things like monitor the weather and sprinkler system...

Yes, it's a tad nerdy but I learnt a lot about linux and PC hardware doing
it :-)

Gavin.

---
                 grogers at greenwood.wa.edu.au