RedHat and imlib (was [plug] sound card)

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Fri Jun 2 09:17:43 WST 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Phil Pearson wrote:

> [root at Zeus Gado]# rpm -Uvh imlib-1.9.8-1.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
> 	imlib = 1.9.7 is needed by imlib-cfgeditor-1.9.7-3
> 	imlib = 1.9.7 is needed by imlib-devel-1.9.7-3

Looks to me like maybe imlib-devel and imlib-cfgeditor are already
installed, and they depend on imblib 1.9.7 which is also installed, and
they don't like the idea of you upgrading to 1.9.8

That's just my guess however. I don't know enough about RedHat to be
absolutely certain this is the case (but I don't see any other reason for
the error messages)

<ObDebianPlug>
Debian of course would have allowed you to just type
"apt-get install imlib" and it would have worked out what other files it
depended on, or depended on it, and downloaded and installed it all for
you.
</ObDebianPlug>

Also, could you please change the Subject line of your email if you are
changing the topic?

 - Matt