[plug] Compiling a driver

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Fri Jun 2 13:33:21 WST 2000

List,

Revisiting my post from yesterday viz. DPT Raid Controller. The source
on their web site is for kernel 2.2.12-20. When you examine the file it
contains 109diff, which (to a non programmer like me) just looks like c
gibberish.

Never having done this, would it "hurt" if I complied it under 2.2.14-05
(RH6.2). From what little I have read I would use gcc.

Assuming I have then compiled the driver correctly, there is no "setup"
or "install" like win$low, so how do you go about installing the driver?

Sorry for all the questions but I am not game to do it in case I break
something I can't fix.

BTW. I Can get the same card working on a RH6.0 box with the driver
supplied by DPT.

Thanks,

----
Mike Earnshaw       | "It don't mean a thing if     | e-mail in header
Computer Systems    | you cain't get that Ping...." | Tel: +61 8 9256
1099
  Support           |    Duke Ellington, 1932       | Fax: +61 8 9256
1199
----
Union Switch & Signal, 24 Bannick Court, Canning Vale, WA 6155,
Australia