[plug] bad superblock

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Jun 5 21:29:54 WST 2000

russ wrote:
> Matt Kemner wrote:
>> If the backup superblock(s) is/are ok, you can tell e2fsck to use those
>> with the -b flag.
> Thanks, but tried that already. Didn't work. How many backup
> superblocks are there and how are they numbered?

Do you want the bad news now, or later? )-:

If now, Windows has probably eaten much or all of that partition.

With the -b option, double, then triple (etc) the number. I'm tempted to
add a "scan" option to e2fsck, and maybe even a last-ditch "scan whole
partition" option. Not often used, but a Godsend if it worked when you
did use it.

--
Linux will not get in the door by simply mentioning it... it must win
by proving itself superior. We have no marketing department, our sales