[plug] Dial-up server

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Jun 7 01:08:33 WST 2000

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Swank wrote:

> I am trying to configure a dial-up server at the moment. Got mgetty to
> pick up the phone and all that, but I can't seem to get authentication
> to work. doing tail -f /var/log/messages says that the user is logged
> in, but, they can't make a ppp connection, only shell access.

If they are logged in, what more authentication do you need?
Are you trying to use PAP or CHAP? how?
How are you starting pppd? Something like "pppd -detach"?
Its not very clear what your problem is.
Read the HOWTO?

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential
privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem,
no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes
an irritating social faux pas.