[plug] Award Bios flash upgrade

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Wed Jun 7 11:20:11 WST 2000

Thanks Denis,

That's the kind of advice I need.  I'll look on Abit's site and try to figure out what my current bios flash pgm is, and make a disk, before jumping.

Tamara

<<< Denis Brown <dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au>  6/ 6  7:55p >>>
Tamara asked about flash BIOS upgrades...

Where possible I get hold of the *currently installed version* of the BIOS
as well as the intended upgrade version.  That way I can always
retreat.  In 95% of cases so far I have not had to go backwards but that 5%
certainly makes for a huge sigh of relief.  Some flash programmes give the
option of making a floppy copy of the BIOS before upgrading.  Not sure
about the Award one.

Cheers,
Denis