[plug] excuting from a mounted cd / cheap 100MB enet cards

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Wed Jun 7 17:43:33 WST 2000

>On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, David Griffiths wrote:
>> All the exe permissions are on, including parent dir, user, group and world
>> running as root eg
>>   cd /mnt/cdrom/x/y/z
>>   ./an_exe
>>   bash: ./an_exe: Permission denied

>Off the top of my head, you might have the CD mounted noexec. Check the
>mount options.
>
>-Greg

Thanks Greg, spot on. It's curious that even with exec specified as an
option in fstab
the cd is still mounted noexec. Maybe there's a typo in the fstab and it's
picking up the default noexec. Mounting by hand does the trick.

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia