[plug] Which RPM?

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Fri Jun 9 16:48:42 WST 2000

>Not on the version of rpm on RH6.0, it reports unknown option.
>
><snip>
>
>> If you're looking for a particular file from an unknown red
>> hat package
>> that may or may not yet be installed you can always install
>> rpmdb pkg and do a
>>
>>    rpm -q --redhatprovides <needed filename>

Think it might be new with 6.2.

I just tried it on my 6.1 at work at I get the same
"unknown option" message. (I'm running 6.2 at home).

cheers,

Dave

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia