[plug] re: can see Samba server

Millers millers at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Jun 11 00:25:20 WST 2000

On a dialup PC (at home w/win98se) I dial into my linux (rh61) server.  I
want to be able to pickup or share a file that exists on another server
(this could could be either a nt, netware or linux).  What I have done so
far is set up a share on both Linux servers using samba and from the local
lan I can see the share on both linux boxes plus the nt box.  What I can't
do however is see the share on my dial-up pc.

information:

Linux1 192.168.1.3 (dial-up) 192.168.2.2 is ip addr given to win98se pc.
Linux2 192.168.1.240
NetWare 5 192.168.1.1
WinNT 4 192.168.1.2
gateway is 192.168.1.3

I can ping from Linux1 to everyone and all boxes I can also ping from the
192.168.2.2 addr from home (using putty).
What I can't do is see any shares from the home pc and this is what I need
to be able to do.

Thanks for any help

Jon