Which Deb (Re: [plug] Which RPM?)

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Jun 13 12:06:00 WST 2000

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Mike Holland wrote:

> Now I can just "zgrep <pattern> /rhfiles/*" and get a list of the files
> with the package names. Works for older redhats too of course. And much
> less disk space.

Just for the Debianites who don't know this already:

On most Debian mirrors you will find a Contents-i386.gz file, which gives
the same functionality:

live:~# zgrep patch Contents-i386.gz |grep bin
[...]
usr/bin/patch                                           utils/patch

Which tells us /usr/bin/patch is found in the utils/patch_*.deb package.

 - Matt