[plug] Annotated Bibliographies with BibTeX/LaTeX

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Jun 13 16:01:57 WST 2000

Hi all,

Hopefully this isn't too off-topic since I know many people on this list
use LaTeX and BibTeX as part of their regular work under Linux/Unix...

Anyway, as part of the literature review I've been doing lately I have
assembled a decently-sized BibTeX database and I'm planning on using it
for everything that I write and thus making everything so much easier
from the manual LaTeX bibliiography I managed by hand for my honours
thesis last year.  I'm also adding in my own annotations for each
bibliographic entry so that, not only do I have a nice, convenient
searchable description of each paper but I can also generate an
annotated bibliography if/when I need to.  Previously I had been putting
the annotations in the 'note' field, however, I now know this is wrong
since this field is included by default for all bibliographies.  After
doing a bit of reading it seems that using the 'annote' field is more
what I'm after.  The problem is that I can't find any bibliographic
styles for producing annotated bibliographies!  Does anyone know of any
BibTeX styles which make use of this field to produce such a
bibliography?  The only other solutions I can think of are a) write one
myself (I'd rather not and, besides, surely there is one out there
SOMEWHERE?) or b) convert the 'annote' field to a 'note' field for
whenever I have to produce an annotated bibliography.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions I'd very much appreciate it.

Regards,

Christian.