[plug] re: last night

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Wed Jun 14 18:56:45 WST 2000

Jason Nicholls wrote:

>  I like qmail and so I've put
> together a little article as a way to introduce qmail along with a couple
> scripts that might be handy (very specific use).

QMail has a good technical reputation. Have you been using it long, and
have you used sendmail much for comparison? I've been thinking about
changing my servers from sendmail, which is really a pain in some ways,
and QMail is the only serious alternative in my book, but I guess I feel
the need for more direct feedback than the reports I've come across on
the Web.

So ... any particular hassles (or joys) with QMail to report? I've read
the QMail blurbs, so I understand its technical accomplishments - it's
more how it "feels" to administer that I'm interested in.

[QMail has had a religious disadvantage: for a long time, it wasn't
released under anything approaching a free-as-in-freedom licence -
although it's beer-free, as I recall. Not sure what the position is now
- when I last read up on it about 6-9 months ago I think there was talk
of an open-source release.]

Colin