[plug] Older Pentium motherboard wanted

William Kenworty billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 15 13:47:58 WST 2000

Hi, I am in the process of building up a machine for my daughter.  Its an old 486 but is just too slow for the kde and StarOffice which she wants (her condition for me installing linux rather than win95!!!!), even after rebuilding a monolithic 486 kernel and tuning etc.

Does anyone have an early pentium MB, PCI, takes 72pin simms that I can buy cheap - the second hand shops do not seem to have any when I required. I have (what I hope is) a good non MMX P166 etc.

I cannot justify the cost of new bits at present so want to use as much of my existing memory/cards etc as possible.

BillK

* If anyone can help, please reply off list to the iinet address below, thanks

--
William Kenworthy
icq# 32340520
billk at opera.iinet.net.au