[plug] System fails to mount swap

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Fri Jun 16 14:46:50 WST 2000

List,

An annoying problem has arisen and I am at a loss to fix it. The system
can not mount the swap partition, it reports "Invalid argument" when
rebooting the system.

I have tried removing and reformatting the partition. According to fdisk
it is still type 82. I have tried mounting it and I get a message that
swap is not not supported in the kernel. I had a look through the make
menuconfig entries but could not see any reference to swap, ext2 is
selected but not many other filesystems (this is RH6.2 - 2.2.14)

Bit lost on this one, any pointers appreciated. TIA,

----
Mike Earnshaw       | Micro$oft have performed an   | e-mail in header
Computer Systems    | illegal operation and will be | Tel: +61 8 9256
1099
  Support           | shut down                     | Fax: +61 8 9256
1199
----
    ,-._|\    Union Switch & Signal                 |
   /      \   24 Bannick Court                      |
   *_.--._/   Canning Vale                          |
         v    WA 6155, Australia                    | ansi art by IK