[plug] etho and ppp don't work together

Garth Atkinson garth at cclinic.com.au
Fri Jun 16 20:10:11 WST 2000

"Delower, Dene" wrote:

> Hi All
> I finally got ppp to work , I had to disable eth0, but I want to get them
> working together!
> any one got any hints ,I am scouring the net but found nothing specific.
> regards Dene
Hi Dene

It might be that when you have eth0 enabled, a default gateway for that
device is being set in the routing table and pppd wont over-ride that.
Try enabling eth0, then running kppp to get the connection to the
internet, then manually modifying the routing table to add a new default
gateway.

Try after kppp has started (as user 'root'):
route del default
route add default gw [your isp assigned tcp/ip address]

And also, as Matt requested (somewhat casually) try to send us some
logged information.

Garth