[plug] Staroffice 5.2

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Jun 20 15:28:53 WST 2000

Leon Brooks wrote:

> Brad Campbell wrote:
> >
> > G'day All
> > Staroffice 5.2 is finally out,
> > does anyone have a local mirror yet?
> > I'm after both the Linux and Win32 Versions..
> >
> > It's impossible to get a url out of sun's site suitable for
> > feeding to wget, and on a standard dialup connection, I get
> > blitzed before I get the whole 90 Megs..
>
> What suburb are you in? I'm picking up a copy tonight on a 10Mb link and
> going to Port Hedland tomorrow, so you'd better be quick. (-:
>
> As an alternative, Matt's on WAIX and can probably get a copy for you
> (because of his particular data uplink arrangements), but do ask him
> very nicely. Matt, if you're listening, I can bung a CD in the mail on
> the way out if you'd prefer.

Ahh, there are so many nice helpful people on this list..
I'm grabbing it from cantech.net.au now thanks Tony :p)
at least I can lftp it, so when I get hung up on, it'll resume.
I will be burning a cd with both linux and win32 versions on it
if anybody wants a copy.
So far I have converted 3 offices from MS Office to Staroffice, and
they are all pretty happy with the result. I figure it's the first
step to making a complete platform migration :p)

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would