[plug] Terminal Emulation

Bradley Browne brad at server.mapsys.com.au
Tue Jun 20 15:55:20 WST 2000

Hmmm... I have solved the problem I was having.
Thanks to all of you who suggested various other telnet packages,
though that turned out to not be the problem.

Turns out that the terminal information on the Linux box has been
changed and so it will not let me use arrow keys to navigate vi.
Once I realised this I was okay to move around and edit the files
I needed to.  However I am still not sure why when I use vi it
does not completely refresh the screen.  Is this something I can
set up in terminfo or termcap ?  Or somewhere else ?

Thanks again,
Brad

--
Bradley Browne
Support Manager

1st Floor 646 Newcastle St
Leederville, WA 6007
Ph: +61 8 9328 2715 Fax: +61 8 9328 2716
email: brad at mapsys.com.au
http://www.mapsys.com.au/