[plug] Staroffice 5.2

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Tue Jun 20 16:47:01 WST 2000

>Ahh, there are so many nice helpful people on this list..
>I'm grabbing it from cantech.net.au now thanks Tony :p)
>at least I can lftp it, so when I get hung up on, it'll resume.
>I will be burning a cd with both linux and win32 versions on it
>if anybody wants a copy.
>So far I have converted 3 offices from MS Office to Staroffice, and
>they are all pretty happy with the result. I figure it's the first
>step to making a complete platform migration :p)
>

>--
>Brad....

Does anyone know it the MS import export filters have improved much since
5.1a? I'd love to use star office more under linux but last time I checked
(with 5.1a) the filters just weren't up to scratch for the docs we were
dealing with.

cheers,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia