[plug] Deleted tmp, Broken X

Steve Grasso steve at calm.wa.gov.au
Mon Jun 26 13:03:06 WST 2000

Hi Knowledgable Ones,

Hmmm...Having run short of disk space, I decided to live dangerously and
shifted /tmp to another partition, sym linking to it from / (Created the
source tmp dir with perms of 777 and sticky bit set). I then
(foolishly) blew the copy I made of the old /tmp away (don't ask me why).
Now X fails with an errno 111, having failed to set default font path
'unix/:-1' and thus not able to open the default font.

X appears to be gagging on the absence of xfs, which starts correctly at
bootup, but disappears sometime afterwards (well, I don't see it in ps).

What on earth have I broken??

Steve (the X'less)