Star Office (was Re: [plug] Meeting Tonight at UCC, UWA)

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 27 10:43:04 WST 2000

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 10:29:48AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Matt Kemner wrote:
> > There's a meeting at the UCC Tonight.
> > If anybody wants a copy of StarOffice 5.2 tonight, speak now or forever
> > hold your peace.
> >  - Matt
>
> What differences exist between Star Office 5.1 and 5.2?

A bit nicer, seems a bit faster, distro file almost 30 meg larger :),
changed some of the logo graphics, seems to have noticeably improved
MSOffice file importation. At least some of the MS-Word files I tried
with it that didn't work properly under SO5.1 seemed to work quite
well with this version.

Don't know about the rest of it, have only spent a very short amount
of time playing with it - I don't need to use office suites very much.

Certainly worth upgrading if you don't need to worry about downloading
over modem. :)

> Bret Busby

Pete.
--