[plug] Spark.Plug

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jun 27 12:48:10 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:

> I have swapped Spark's RAM with the spare Sparc I have (spare only because
> it refuses to boot Linux and I'm bored of SunOS already) so hopefully the
> problems (segfaults, apache-vanishing-tricks etc) will go away.

How much RAM is it? What sort is it?
We've retired both our Sparc4's, and the Ultra1's have less load. Wondering if
you'd benefit from the donation of bits (not that it's up to me, but I may be
able to twist the Boss' arm - Sparc4's ain't doing much now!)

Of course, one of the reasons we're retiring the Sparc4's is they're Dog Slow,
and under heavy load, they had a tendency to crash/reboot themselves. We
thought it was a RAM problem, initially, but several RAM changes, and 2
Sparc4's later have convinced us it's a problem with the Sparc4 itself.

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :