[plug] online office suites

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue Jun 27 16:34:12 WST 2000

G'day all,

I bought the latest issue of APC magazine and there is an article on "Online
Office Suites". Up until now I wasn't aware such a thing had been attempted
yet but I was wrong!

For people that are interested take a look at:

	Free Desk: http://www.freedesk.com/
	 NuoMedia: http://www.nuomedia.com/
	ThinkFree: http://www.thinkfree.com/		(Editor's Choice)

Since they all use a web browser as the app platform (using Java) they should
all work under Linux. I took a look at the ThinkFree Office web site and they
even have information for UNIX/Linux users. Quoting from the site:

	UNIX/Linux Users:
	Native office productivity applications for your workstation.

	 - Free word processor, spreadsheet and presentation graphics software
	 - Send and receive cross-platform e-mail attachments
	 - No more blue screen	<------- Huh?
	 - No more rebooting into Windows
	 - No more emulation

Later,