[plug] Banks Online...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Jun 28 09:26:30 WST 2000

Gavin Rogers wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Shackleton, Kevin wrote:
>
> > Maybe the browser in 5.2 supports net banking?  Commonwealth say IE5 or
> > Netscape 4.7, but interestingly, not IE any version on a Mac.  Anyone tested
> > net banking in SO anything?
>
> Why is there OS specific stuff in an online banking application? Isn't
> that what SSL and Java are for ??

*rofl*
That's what pisses me off about the National's online banking! It's a nice app,
but it's Java AND it's platform-specific!! ARGH!! (So, once again, I have to
fire up The Largest App (Win2k in VMWare) to do my simple banking).

Once, I got driven to the point of tricking Linux Netscape into installing the
National Applet - It all seemed to work OK, except it couldn't find any of the
images (which it installed locally I think), and since the PIN involves
clicking on images, was useless...

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :