[plug] Banks Offline

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Fri Jun 30 14:05:15 WST 2000

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 07:00:49PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Christian wrote:
> > Still, I do
> > think Internet Banking is significantly less secure than ATMs so I aim
> > to hold out for as long as possible. :-)
>
> I've yet to see anybody carry off an internet bank with a forklift...

Someone who broke into a bank's computer systems could potentially
"steal" more money than is kept in an ATM.  Even more importantly they
could probably do it much more covertly than someone "lifting" an ATM.
Plus, I don't keep any money in an ATM.  It's the bank's money until it
comes out the slot and into my hot little hand.