[plug] re: FTP set-up

Beau Kuiper kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au
Fri Jun 30 15:19:01 WST 2000

Hi,

Sorry if I trumpeting my own horn a bit, Why don't you give muddleftpd a try.
It is a powerful server that has been designed and implemented securely, with
the following classes of bugs a non-issue:

1) Printf format bugs (where user specifies %s in format). I personally
checked all the code for this bug. These fortunately are really easy to fix.
2) Stack overflow bugs. Muddleftpd uses dynamic memory to automaticly
allocated space for strings whenever the resultant length of a string is
unknown (most of the time). These bugs are common in programs that are not
designed from stratch to handle it. Muddleftpd has been implemented by me
with a pholosophy that these bugs must NEVER occur.

For you, you should use the latest development version, with the
standard.conf example configuration. Mail me if you want more help

Have a look at:

http://www.muddleftpd.cx/

Have fun
Beau Kuiper