[plug] Large HD install prob

McMeikan, Andrew andrew.mcmeikan at mitswa.com.au
Fri Mar 3 15:20:24 WST 2000

I would stick with LBA, and tell the kernel to use linear addressing just to
be safe.

I assume you can mount and read all the disk if you boot from somewhere
else? (esp. able to find init!)

if you can read the disk if mounted from another (say a rescue/boot) disk
then it must be kernel related problem.  What FS are you using?  ext2?  did
you check for bad blocks when installing?

last bit of advice is to watch for error messages on alternate consoles
(3,4,10 depending on dist) to see if something odd gets spat out.  Also
before it finishes or does a reboot do a 'sync' incase the disk has a huge
write delay buffer.

good luck I will buy the disk off you cheap if you can't use it ;-)

	cya,	Andrew...