[plug] Sound Card prob & list query

adrian_blockley at dingoblue.net.au adrian_blockley at dingoblue.net.au
Mon Mar 6 20:20:32 WST 2000

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Dave T Burbidge wrote:

> Pete,
>
> Actually, it is automatic, but by doing it on the subject, I also catch any
> replies direct to me (which is easy to do now it sets the reply address to
> the sender, not the list). You then sort the messages by subject (which
> again doesn't work if "[plug]" is missing) and you have everything by thread
> (which going on my current record, gets cleaned out about every month  :)
> I find it interesting that the subject problem has only cropped up recently
> ... would reverting to the previous list software be more useful to
> subscribers?
>
> Dave

I like the current software it is much easier to signoff a previous
address if you you change ISP and forget to signoff before the change. Not
that I would normally forget to signoff one address before moving to the
new.  I had signed off PLUG before moving to Melbourne but my old address
was re-signed on with the move to the new list managing software. The new
list software made it easy to remove my old subsription.  I have had some
sad stories trying to unsubscribe from majordomo lists that kept telling
me I was trying to unsubscribe from an address that I wasn't subscribed
from.

Adrian

Adrian and Yanhui Blockley
adrian_blockley at dingoblue.net.au